Maltese residents constructing, completing or rehabilitating their first home are eligible to claim back the VAT paid on the relevant expenses.
Criteria and Eligibility:
1. Grant is given under the following conditions:
- In the case of single persons over 24 years (or 18 years in case of a physical, intellectual or disabled person), applicants can benefit from a maximum grant of €2330.
- In the case of engaged or married couples, or separated/divorced persons, single parents or widows with custody of children, applicants can benefit from a maximum grant of €5824.
2. The maximum amount of grant is increased by an additional €1165 for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of a property which was built and ready for habitation before 1/1/1990.
3. The Grant is given in two installments. The first installment is given on works relating to construction and the second installment is given on the finishing works.
4. The grant is calculated by multiplying the value on the fiscal receipt by 13.04% for receipts dated before 31/12/2003 and by 15.254% for receipts issued after this date.
For more info:
Pietro Floriani Street,
Tel: (+356) 2299 1000 / (+356) 8007 2232 (Freephone)