Have some fun at your wedding! Organise the Wedding Shoe Game and have a good laugh! Here is how it works:
At the reception, grab two chairs and place them back to back in the middle of the reception venue. Sit down, take off your shoes and swap one of them so you are now holding two different shoes.
A person on the microphone announces the game and starts asking questions from a pre-prepared list. For each question both bride and groom answer by raising the shoe of the person who best fits the answer.
For example, the caller asks “Who is the worst driver?” If the bride thinks that her husband is, she raises the hand in which she is holding his shoe, otherwise she raises her shoe. Same applies to the groom.The questions
The questions must be prepared beforehand by someone close to you, such as the maid of honour and the best man, without disclosing them. We suggest having around twenty questions so that the game takes around ten minutes. The game becomes funnier when questions start to get a little personal.
If preferred, instead of shoes, you could use coloured flags or something similar.
Sample questions to ask;
- Who talks the most?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who is the grumpiest in the morning?
- Who is most likely to organize a holiday?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- Who mentioned marriage first?
- Who is the most romantic?
- Who is the best driver?
- Who argues most?
- Who is the most stubborn?
- Who is most likely to be late?
- Who spends more time on Facebook?
- Who really made the first move?
- Who spends the most time in front of the mirror?
- Who is the most attractive?
- Who has the most clothes?
- Who spends more on clothes?
- Who pays the bills?
- Who is the loudest?
- Who is most likely to kill a cockroach?
- Who will be doing the dishes?
- Who is the fittest?
- Who will fall asleep first tonight?
- Who snores the loudest?
- Who was the first to pass wind in front of the other?
- Who is most likely to use all the hot water?
- Who is in charge of the remote control?
- Who spends the most money?
For the end leave a good question that both fit the answer like;
- Who do you love most?
Feel free to amend this list and add your own questions but remember to keep the question light, funny and not too serious. Just in case you don’t like the idea of using shoes, you could use a blue and pink flag or anything similar.
See the game at a real wedding;
Photo /video credit Cyndi Erbe / Youtube